If you are within a few years of retirement, considering retirement or being offered an early retirement package, there are many important factors to consider. Making the wrong decisions can severely impact your ability to meet your long-term financial and retirement goals.
At STA Wealth we want to help. We believe it is a good time to review your retirement plan to make sure that you have fully considered your goals and reviewed the important issues that retirees face. Below we have provided valuable information, questions and content to help you make better and more informed decisions.
These issues and decisions are often complex and irrevocable once made, if we can be of any assistance, please ask a question:
light box toolbox
Retirement and Cash Flow Planning
- 1.How Do I know if I can retire?
- 2.How Can I Maximize my Social Security?
- 3.How Should I Manage my Cash Flow and Budget?
- 4.How do I Maximize the value of my Pension and Retirement Plan?
Future Work and Consulting
- 1.Whether you take early retirement or get laid off, if you are not financially or emotionally ready to fully retire, there are several ways to respond positively.
- 2.Should you consider working for yourself and/or do become a consultant?
- 1.Should you change your investment plan when you retire?
- 2.Are your retirement accounts truly diversified? It may be time to review your overall portfolio to make sure all your eggs are not in one basket.
- 3.Should you keep my 401(k) with your employer or roll it over into a self-directed IRA?
- 4.Should read How Do I Maximize My Pension in Retirement?
- 5.I have worked past age 70 ½, and I have not had to take any Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) from my 401(k) plan. Now that I am retiring, when will I have to start?
- 6.Do you have too much exposure to your employer stock in your portfolio?
- 7.What actions should you take in regards to your employer stock, stock options, and/or restricted stock plans (understanding, vesting, need to exercise, cashless exercise, etc.)?
- 1.When entering retirement, and especially in the first year of retirement, you may find yourself dealing with many questions related to income taxes.
- 2.What are some long term income tax related retirement strategies?
Insurance and Benefits
- 1.Health Insurance decisions: COBRA vs. Private Insurance (Exchange) vs. switching to spouses company coverage
- 2.Should I apply for and am I eligible for Texas Unemployment Insurance and how much will I receive?
- 3.Other Insurance gaps (Life, Disability and Long-Term Care Insurance)